Check out our newsletter no.5 (April 2019) for more information on current operations of the Hellenic OCR Team as well as details of our future activities.
Among others, we report on:
- A new teaser trailer presenting the most significant facets of our team, data capturing & processing, and data analysis tools
- The state of play regarding our participation at the Google Summer of Code, 2019 edition
- Our commitment to organize a data hackathon; in cooperation with Open Technologies Alliance – GFOSS
- Our decision to use Slack to further systematize and organize our conduct
Additional activities, on which we are going to report in the upcoming period, include analysis of our expansion strategy, which moves forward at a quick pace. Currently, our team counts 25 members in 6 countries. Internal organization has also advanced. The Hellenic OCR Team has now three main areas of scientific focus:
- Parliamentary control open data
- Linked Open Data (LOD)
- Legal informatics
In addition, we have formed two ad hoc working groups for the organization of the data hackathon and for the support of the Google Summer of Code project.